Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On my own.

My workout buddy informed me tonight, that she is no longer going to be able to make our nightly workout routine as part of her schedule.

Just seeing the words on the text message I initially thought two things. The first is that I have relied on her coming as my motivation to workout. If she was not here, I think I could have EASILY thrown in the towel long before. The second was that if I am really going to do this, I need to do this for ME. Every day.

Yes, I may have a workout buddy here or there, but it should not interrupt my own goals.

I started this blog tonight as a way for me to finally begin to find "me" in the "mom" that I am.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love to be a mom. Love it. But, I need to focus on myself, to be better in that role.

Tomorrow I am going to start all the way from the beginning of Turbo Fire. Week one: Day 1

4 comments:

  1. You'll always have ME...and I love you just the way you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Even starting over, because you've been doing it for a while, I think it won't be so bad because you're already used to making that time for yourself. It IS extremely difficult to keep motivated when it's just you, but if you need cheerleaders, turn to facebook and you at least know me and the 2 that commented above will be here to cheer you on! You have done remarkable things this year and I have faith in you that you can keep it up! Wish I were closer, I'd totally be your workout buddy!! But GO PAULA! This chick right here - yeah, officially rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I hope I can inspire you as much as all of you inspire me!!!!

    ReplyDelete